Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Doodle Pantry Bookmarks

Hi everyone! I have a fun project I did this evening to show you. These are bookmarks made using the set called "Critter Tops" from Doodle Pantry. There are seven animals in the set, I did not use the ants. I used the outline set but there is also a colored set of the same images.
Here is a closer picture of the Birdie and the Turtle.


At Try It On Tuesday challenge they wanted us to alter something from Christmas wrapping. I didn't have anything like that but I did alter a Christmas project. I purchased this set of wooden bookmarks from Hobby Lobby when they were 50% off just before Christmas. You can see in the picture below how they look. My original idea was to pop off the wooden faces on the bookmarks and then just use the bottom. But, there was three different faces and they were all 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 inches so I left those all on and cut a piece of scratch paper the same size and then drew that around my animals so they are nice and sturdy on the wooden bookmarks.


I also laminated the Doodle Pantry images. I used double sided tape to get them to stay on the wooden Christmas faces of the bookmarks. At Crafty Sentiments they wanted to see bookmarks and that is where this idea all grew from. At Party Time Tuesday they are having an anything goes challenge so I am submitting these into that one also. The set came with 12 bookmarks so I have 6 more to make and then I will be sending them to the hospitals for the kids from Send A Smile 4 Kids. Aren't these going to be just darling peeking over the top of a book. =) Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week!

18 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Absolutely brilliant! Love each and every bookmark.

Glenda Atkins said...

Amazing work, I love,love these bookmarks, wow so creative and they are so adorable!

Lorianna said...

These are ADORABLE!!
Sarah, you are so clever!!
And the kids will love them!!
HUGS
Lorianna

April said...

These are just too cute! I love them. great job!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

what a wonderful way to re-purpose those bookmarks! They turned out so very cute! Great creativity!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Sarah. These are just amazing my friend. What a beautiful little gift for those children, they will love to recieve one of those. So cute.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

NancyD said...

Sarah, This is such a cute idea! I love your coloring too. NancyD

Kathy W. said...

Oh Sarah these are so cute. Very creative! I'm going to try this, thanks for the inspiration *Ü*

Sara I. said...

So, so cute!! Love them and your coloring is amazing!! Hope you have a fantastic New Year!! xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

I am crazy over these book marks - I just bought a bookmark today but these are so much better. I am hoping that I can find these little book marks because I have to make these - I just adore them!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh my goodness! These are so cute, adorable, and creative! I'm in love!

Nancy said...

These are brilliant!! Of course, I'm sure that Hobby Lobby is all of them now!! LOL! Thanks for partying with us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!!

Jac’s Playground said...

Oh awesome bookmarks how fun are they! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Those are the cutest, such a great idea :)

Patti J said...

What an awesome idea! Love your darling bookmarks, Sarah - too much fun!

Unknown said...

I think they fab, and whoever gets them will be very happy with it, thanks playing along with TioT this week and wish you all the best for 2012
hugs
Ildiko

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness Sarah what perfect book marks!

Unknown said...

Wow these are fabulous! thanks for joining the TIOT last challenge for 2011 xx Janet